Sunday, November 22, 2009

My ramblings...

Lately, I've been thinking of how God has been working in my life in the last couple months and how He has made me really smile through some storms. Have you ever had a bad situation and yet God has been so close that you're so happy even though your life just went a different direction? There are times I wish I could erase the mistakes I've made, but I've realized that God uses those mistakes to help me grow in His grace and to realize that He is all I need. "He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater. . . His love has no limit; His grace has no measure." I sometimes wonder at those who aren't saved; who don't have the confidence in a Savior who will always be there for them. How do they get through life? Wouldn't each day be a trial? And yet, I used to be exactly like that, "having no hope" and living each day in darkness. It wasn't until God opened my eyes that I was able to see, "I once was lost but now I'm found, Was blind, but now I see." "I woke, the dungeon flamed with light; my chains fell off, my heart was free..." I have never once doubted my salvation; I've had hard times but nothing that made me think I wasn't saved. "You have chosen the roughest road, but it leads straight to the hilltops." People can, and always will, disappoint me, but I have a Savior who will never disappoint me, who is never-changing, "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."

"You're not alone, For I am here,
Let me wipe away your every fear,
My love I've never left your side,
I have seen you through the darkest night,
And I'm the One who's loved you all your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment