Friday, November 6, 2009

Home! :)

I made it home! YAY! Now for an awesome weekend of fun and then it's back to work on Monday. We've not really decided what we're doing tomorrow, but I know I'll be spending lots of time with my nieces. They're getting so big! Abigail talks all the time now, Paige doesn't talk as much but she laughs all the time, Bethany is just adorable, chubby, and smiles lots. :) I'm hoping to put up pictures while I'm here, since Elisabeth doesn't have any on her computer...at least not any of the girls; so hopefully I can figure that out. =)

I did 5 hours of driving today. We had two transfers and I did most of the driving, which isn't too bad except that my back bothers me after I sit for too long. I think it hates me. ;)
The second transfer we took I rode with the patient and had an amazing time getting to know this elderly lady. We had a little over an hours drive and we talked the entire time. We talked about almost everything and I enjoyed every minute of it. Usually transfers can be very boring cause the patient sleeps the whole way and you end up falling asleep too...not good. :) I truly believe this lady was a christian and it was amazing to hear stories about her life and also how she never blamed God for the things that had happened to her. I was sad to hear that she hadn't been to a church in a year because she had no one to take her. I wish she lived closer so I could have the opportunity to spend more time with her and to be able to take her to church. When I told her that I would try and visit her sometime she sounded so excited and wanted me to come so that we could sit together on her deck and talk. :) I had no idea what my day would be like when I woke up this morning. I didn't think it could get any better since I was already going home; but God showed me that even a transfer can be a blessing in our lives. She is someone I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment