Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A little bit of everything. =)

Well, Christmas is over and it's almost the New Year. Amazing how time seems to fly so fast. I had an awesome time being home with my family and ate a ton of food! =) I did end up getting the stomach virus Saturday night which wasn't fun at all, but I got over it fairly quickly so that was nice. And it wasn't because I ate a ton of food. ;-) I hardly ever get sick so I'm not sure why I happened to pick up this virus instead of the rest of the kids. I did get both of my flu shots in the last couple months and that will lower your immune system so...remind me to never take them again. ;-) Anyway, I was really hoping to get pictures put up and some video's but unfortunately I didn't make the time. I have such a boring blog cause there's no pictures! ;-)

So, what's the latest exciting news that's happening in my life? Well....I JUST GOT ANOTHER JOB!!! I'm soo excited about it and can't wait to start! =) The awesome thing is that I didn't need an interview because I came highly recommended. Isn't that awesome?!?! Ok, so what is the job? Well, it's an office/accounting position. Yeah, totally different from EMS but I'm thrilled with the idea of learning how to do something else! :) It's only part time but I was looking for something that I wouldn't have to commit to 5 days a week. I start on January 12th and most of the month will be training and then February I'll have to know what I'm doing cause it's a busy month. :) For those of you wondering how I got the job... my uncle that lives up here has a secretary who was looking for someone to fill a part time position. He gave her my name and number and she called that Monday (this was Saturday), she told me she didn't need a resume or interview and we set a date to start. =D Isn't it amazing how God just brings things right to our door?

Other than that, not too much else is going on. :) Oh, well, on Monday, I drove my grandma's bug around town. That was exciting and scary! =) My dad took me driving so that I could learn to drive a stick. :) I did get it in the end, but he'll tell you that he ended up in the ER with whiplash. =) Whatever... I stalled it a bunch but at least I didn't hit anyone. :-)

Today was rather exciting...and not. We got paged out for an emergency response and then were told we needed to stage the call while police got the scene under control. There were a bunch of cop cars and a "UPS" truck...after we saw a bunch of guys with big guns get out we realized it was a swat truck. Woah, maybe it's time for us to get a little farther from the scene. ;-) The negotiator decided to join the fun too, and later the bomb truck. I left at 3 (shift change) after being there since 11, but my partner and my relief didn't clear the scene till 4. Talk about a crazy deal.

Btw, does anyone else have trouble with potato's wanting to cook? Maybe they hate me too. ;-) I've been cooking the potato forever and it's still not done! Totally lame... And yes, I do have the oven on...for those of you thinking I'm THAT crazy. ;-) hehe

Well, that's the last week or so in the life of me....hope you enjoyed it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment