Sunday, December 20, 2009

Long day...

Wow, I'm tired... I had a long, but exciting night. :) Last night, I went in with Patrick to ride along with him as he worked his night shift. Patrick's a cop...those of you who didn't know that. :) Nothing too exciting happened, and by exciting I mean shootings and people getting tazed. Our night consisted of arresting a couple people, give warnings to some (I got to write them out...kind of cool:), and smelling marijuana for the first time. I know I've smelled it before but I never realized what it was. It's really bad smelling...for those of you wondering. And no, by smelling marijuana you will not get high. :) So that was what I did from 7 (last night) to 8 this morning. Besides all the reports that have to be written, I think it would be a very exciting job to do. :) I know I'm weird, but whenever I'm on the ambulance and we have to stage a call (just meaning we wait until the area is safe for us to enter) I always want to be the cop and make sure the scene is safe. Not that I want to get shot at, but it just sounds so exciting and thrilling to never know what to expect and always being ready for whatever might happen. =) No, I'm not going to become a cop if some of you were wondering. =)
I've only had 4 hours of sleep this morning/afternoon, and I'm starting to feel the effects from it. It's kind of weird the two different stages you go through when you've not slept all night. One stage is that I'm extremely crazy and, depending on where I'm at, I'll start singing and dancing and saying some pretty silly things. The other one is where I'm barely functioning and I just sit on the couch like a zombie. Maybe for some of you it's different but for me it's always like that. :-) Not sure if it's a good thing or not...

Only a few more days and I get to go home for Christmas!! I can't wait! It's going to be such a blast with everyone home. It's been 4 years since we've all been together. I'm really looking forward to all the awesome food that we're making too. =) We're going to have soo much and it's all going to taste awesome! Mmm, just writing about it makes me hungry for it. =)

I work Monday and Wednesday this week and then I'm off until next week. Very awesome. :-) I'm really not going to want to get up tomorrow morning though...Lame! Maybe I should make some coffee in the morning and that'll wake me up. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment