Friday, December 11, 2009

Home, cookies and...well, just read and find out. =)

I love being home! There really is no better place to be then at home with family around. It makes it very terrible to have to leave though. I really didn't think I would make it home this weekend, but my awesome parents let Nathan drive the two hours to Columbia to pick me up and bring me home. =) Wednesday evening I had called mom and talked to her for awhile, and then I mentioned that it would be really nice if Nate could come and pick me up. Mom wasn't too thrilled with the idea of Nate driving 63 in the dark. I was really kind of bummed after hearing that, but then she called me back around 7:30 and told me that Nathan and Kayla had left and I needed to be ready to leave in 2 hours. :) I was SO excited, that I did end up screaming. =) It wasn't too loud...and I was by myself, so who cares. ;) I was able to get all packed and had time to do laundry (and fold it), and even clean up the kitchen! Man, I'm good. ;-) Then I went over to the base so I could leave Elisabeth's car there, otherwise she would've had a hard time getting home the next morning. I called Nathan twice in the process of them driving up...just to make sure they were driving safely and to watch for icy spots. I'm such an annoying sister....but they love me anyway. ;-) Then the drive back consisted of telling stories, laughing, singing and being totally crazy. :) Nate's "crazy" idea was to pass cars with our inside lights on, a cookie hanging out of his mouth, and wave at the people. =) Kayla joined him in this charade while I tried to pay attention to the driving...which is really hard to do with those two in the vehicle. :)

Not much happened yesterday, besides Hannah and Jacob surprising us by coming down a day early. It was a good surprise though....and they actually kept it a secret from all of us. ;-) Hehe, sometimes Nate and I end up figuring it out. :)

Today was a good day. We made sugar cookies and decorated them, which I don't really like to do because I have no artistic skill at all and love to get done with them as fast as possible, but we still had a fun time. =) We were laughing about how if your cookies aren't good enough they get eaten by us that evening, and then the next two levels that you graduate to are the Brown Christmas ( dad's family) and the Marti Christmas (mom's family), it's always a big plus when your cookies get put on the plate to be eaten by others. ;-) Hehe, it's really kind of funny...and it's not as bad as it sounds, we mostly joke about it a lot. =)

Ok, tell me if this isn't the cutest thing ever. Abigail was sitting in her high chair eating ice cream and it had all melted so she dumped it all over her tray. After she tells me it's messy, I get a wet rag and hand it to her. She then wipes her entire tray, cleans her spoon, and even moves her cup so she can get under it....it probably took her five minutes or more to do but she did a really good job. She then told us it was clean and wanted out. =) I thought it was adorable and really wish I had videoed taped it. :)

I'll try and post some pictures up tomorrow or Sunday...just so there's something to look at besides words. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment