Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lazy me... :)

Today is one of those days where you feel like doing absolutely nothing. So, I'm going to lay around and be lazy. Duh, what else do you do when you're off, tired, and have nothing better to do with your time. ;) Ok, so I try to not to be lazy all the time... =)

This week I was only scheduled to work 16 hours, but that changed pretty fast. :) I should have almost 40 hours at the end of this week...very cool. =) Monday I was working a 9-V and found out that we had a transport to St. Louis. It's about 4-1/2 hours to get up there and back. Then my partner and I decided since we both didn't have 40 hours this week that we would go ahead and take a second transport to St. Louis. Talk about a long day... We started at 10:30 and didn't get done till 8. Thankfully, my partner and I got along really well and didn't get sick of each other. :) Then last night I picked up an extra shift and worked 8-8. First time I had done 12 hours...wasn't too bad. :) I was working in Centralia and so I knew that if we did get a call, I wouldn't be getting much sleep...it's about 30 minutes to the three different hospitals in Columbia. Got a call at 11:30, got back around 1:30, ran another call at 2:30 and made it back at almost 5. Then I was able to sleep till 7...I really didn't feel like getting up. :) So, I came home slept a few hours and now I'm being lazy. I worked all night so I've got a little bit of an excuse. =) I work again tomorrow morning and then Saturday night. I was kind of hoping to go home this weekend but I was asked to work Saturday night, so I went ahead and took it. Maybe next week will work for me to get home.

So there's a week in my life. :) Right now my life consists of working and not much else. Oh, and eating. =)

2 comments:

  1. Did you get any good calls? Sounds like boring transfers.

    I can't believe you decided to work instead of come see me! You HAVE to come home next week. Then we can party!! :)

    ~Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I've not had any good calls... just the same old transfers.

    I know, Kay. :( I REALLY wanted to come home, but one of the guys called in and needed me to take his shift. I will definitely try and come down next weekend though. I'm ready to party again. =)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete