Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cursing patient and smiling too much... =)

Nothing too exciting has happened in my life the last couple days....so of course I really have nothing to write about. :) I worked Monday and today (I actually just got off a little bit ago), and it was a pretty uneventful two days of work. Today was not fun to be out in the cold, I had to bundle up and hope we didn't get a wreck where we would be standing on the road somewhere. The wind was atrocious and made it seem so much colder. There were a couple times driving on the highway that we were being pulled into the other lane and then bringing a patient out to the ambulance I thought the cot was going to tip. That would've been pretty terrible....not sure what we would've done. :) Oh, and the last patient we took got upset when we moved him over to the bed at the hospital and started cursing us out because we had touched his hat...he ended up leaving the hospital right after that. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have put his hat back on his head. :) He really didn't seem to like us very much at all. I thought it was all rather funny. =) It's amazing when you can find the humor out of someone cursing you out.
Earlier, someone asked me why I am always smiling. Maybe because I'm always happy? =) He said it made me look suspicious, like I was up to something. :) Haha, not sure if that was a compliment or not...I chose to take it as a compliment even if it wasn't meant as one. =) I think it's a good thing I smile all the time...I really didn't think I did it that much though. :)

Well, I'm off for the rest of the week and not sure what I'm going to do with myself so I don't go crazy with boredom. :)

5 comments:

  1. You need to try to find a way to come down to Rolla on Friday, so we can decorate the Christmas tree and have molten cakes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean you don't know what you're gonna do with yourself?? I just drove 4 hours to pick you up and bring you home! Even if you drove 2 of those hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm not going to be bored at all! And I get to have a molten cake! Yippee! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful thing to smile all the time! It brightens your little corner of the world. Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts Hillary;) There always so happy! Stay smiling and happy--it's the perfect way to be!!

    meg

    ReplyDelete