Friday, February 19, 2010

Dreaming of summer... :-)

Yes, I'm dreaming of summer. :) I love snow but I am really ready for 60-70 degree weather with blue skies, leaves on the trees, and flowers everywhere. I can't stand all this depressing weather we've been having. Not that it makes me depressed but it does get really dreary out. :) Winter seems to go by so slowly and yet summer is over with so quickly. Terribly lame... maybe I should move to Hawaii and live there most of the time, and then go to Switzerland for some snow, and anywhere else I feel like going. ;-) But I don't suppose I'll ever have enough money to do that. :) I must have gotten into the wrong career... should've been someone who travels the world, doing whatever it is they do. ;-)

Today was pretty much a boring day. Yeah, amazing... I have boring days. I get so used to being busy that when I have a day off, I really have no idea what to do with myself. :) WEIRD! ;-) Well, I wasn't too lazy today. I slept in (okay, that's lazy), but then I ran for 4 miles (that's definitely not lazy), and I practiced violin for almost 2 hours. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. :) I used to have such a hard time practicing for an hour and a half, and now I can play for 2 hours and still enjoy it! =) I guess it's because I don't really have to do any technique...it's just all music. =)
I never thought I would say this, but I really do miss having lessons and going to see the "teacher". ;) My teacher and I didn't get along too well since I would always tell him what I wanted to play, instead of just doing whatever he wanted. So, I never graduated from Book 7 because I didn't finish two songs out of the book. :-p I knew that I wouldn't be taking lessons for too much longer and so told my teacher what song I wanted to play... he finally let me. :) So, I was able to play a couple songs that I really wanted to. :) Of course, now I wish I hadn't given it up and was still taking lessons. I guess after taking for 7 years it's hard to just be totally done with it....

Well, tomorrow is Sunday, so I will go to church and then probably not do anything the rest of the day... I'll be preparing for another week of work. Exciting! ;)
I hope everyone is having a good weekend....or a boring one like mine. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment