Monday, May 24, 2010

In a nutshell

Wow... what a day! I'm so exhausted and tired that I really should go to bed... but what would be the fun in that!? ;-) So, I got up at 5 this morning so I could run at 5:30. Can you believe that even that early in the morning it was incredibly hot outside?! Yuck, the humidity is nasty! It was a terrible run, but I was able to then get back to the house in time to make muffins for the kids before school time. For those of you who didn't know, I was babysitting 3 of my cousins while their parents went to a wedding in NY. After the kids left, I picked up the house, did laundry, and left in time to make it to work at 10. I had looked at the transport schedule earlier that morning and nothing was on it, so I figured it would be a pretty slow day. Yeah, fat chance! ;) At 11 we went on our first transport for the day and than ran almost non-stop until 6:30. We literally stuffed down lunch. It's terrible when you're starving and yet you don't even get to enjoy the food you're eating.... oh well. It's only food, right? ;-) We had a little break at 2 where we just sat in the ambulance waiting on the call that would make us late to our 3:00 transport. (We were the only truck available at the time). No calls came in, and we left at 3 for the lake. It was beautiful down there and my partner and I were both a little jealous of our patient's house which sat overlooking the lake. :) What an awesome place to be when it's so hot out! We finally made it back around 6 and left the base around 6:30. So tomorrow, I'll have to catch up on my reports since I failed to do them today because I just wanted to go home. :) I only have 3 to write so it shouldn't be too bad. :) We actually had it pretty easy considering that the two main trucks had a class 1 trauma and an overdose all in one morning. :) And than they ran transports all day too.. with a few emergency calls mixed in. You really never know what your day will be like. :) Someday's it's boring, others... you run like crazy. :)
So, that was my day in a nutshell. ;) Ok, so seriously. Why do people say "in a nutshell"? ;-) I mean... hello! How is our day in a nutshell?! Um... so really, I probably shouldn't have used a nutshell... because I just looked it up and it said a short statement. Pretty sure I didn't just give a short statement. More like a one-sided dialogue. Oh well. Who cares, right? :)

The rest of the week consists of me working and then.... SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENS!!!!! :) Haha, now you're all curious as to what is happening that is so very exciting. :) Well, I shall tell you then. :) There is this totally awesome, sweet, fun, beautiful girl named Kayla who is coming to visit me on Friday!!!! That is, if everything turns out well. :) I'm so excited! I don't know what we'll do, but I'm sure it'll be fabulous. :) I work Friday and Sunday night, but it's all good, because Kayla will be going to bed about the time I need to head into work. :) The only downfall is... that I work an airshow ALL Sunday. Yeah, really stinks! There's not even any cool jets coming! Lame. But, that's what happens when we grow up and get jobs. Pretty much just stinks most of the time. ;-)

Well, that's all for now... I seriously should head to bed now. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful day and that tomorrow will be even better! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment