Thursday, June 3, 2010

Race and work. :)

Oh dear... I'm getting nervous about Saturday! Not a good thing. I'm also excited, so it's kind of a mixture. Too bad it wasn't going to be about 50 or 60's in the morning... that would make me feel a little better.. Just a little though. :) It's been over a month since I've done my long run and then the hills may be killers. I was supposed to run 14 miles a couple weeks ago, but didn't because of my legs. Scary! My runs this week have been pretty good and I've not had bad pain like the last couple weeks. I just really want to finish. I think that my competitiveness will come out and I'll finish unless something terrible happens. I want to cross that finish line! =)

I just realized that it's been over a week since I last posted... I know that's terrible. I'll try to get pictures up this next week or so. For those wondering, I did have a blast with Kayla. :) We shopped, went to dinner, took walks, and enjoyed ourselves. I took her home on Monday where we enjoyed an awesome dinner of hamburgers and homemade ice cream. :) I think I made myself sick on the ice cream. It's soo good and than you eat too much! Terrible, but I loved it at the time. :-) I was able to stay till Wednesday morning and than had to leave to be at work a little before 9. It was nice to be home though and I got to see Hannah and the girls as they came down for the day on Tuesday. I love those little girls! They get cuter every time I see them! I can't wait to see them again tomorrow. :)

I'm almost finished with my 16 hour shift. We have ran a total of 11 calls in the last 13 hours. It was crazy for awhile and now it seems to have settled down some... not sure how long it'll last though. We had a cardiac arrest (he didn't make it), a bunch of routine transports, a childbirth (we were able to make it to the hospital in time though :-) ), a couple breathing problems, dry runs, and our last one was a 5 day old baby girl. Who was adorable. So, our day hasn't been a very lazy one, because in the times that we weren't running calls we were trying to catch up on our reports. And it was rather rotten when the network decided to crash this afternoon and we were unable to do anything. Thankfully, it was up and running when we got back from a call. You really never know what your day will be like when you work on an ambulance. :) Sometimes there's never a dull moment. :) Especially, when you have a good crew working. Right now, most of them are watching something on tv and getting a big kick out of it when I'm pretty sure it's not even that funny. :) I haven't really been paying attention though, so maybe it is.

Well, I have an hour left before shift change, so I'll wish you all goodnight. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment