Thursday, June 10, 2010

Do you believe in ghosts?

Ok, so I'm working yesterday evening and (shockingly enough) both crews were sitting around watching tv... and it stayed like that till shift change at 11. That's pretty amazing... but that's not too important. Anyway, we were watching Ghost Hunters, (which in my opinion is a stupid show) and one of the guys started telling a story of why he is now a believer in ghosts. :) And no, he's not a crazy guy. I won't bother to tell you the whole story since it's rather long, but the shortened version of it was that during college (he's probably mid to later thirties now), he (we'll call him J) was in bed and someone came in his room dancing and being loud. J thought at first it was his roommate and kept telling it to leave.... the "mysterious person" did finally leave. Next, J told us the second part to the story that made him think the first part was a ghost. Are you all still following me, bloggers? Cause this next part is even crazier.... So one day, J and his friends play on the Ouija board and after a few questions they find out that there's a mysterious person who's been in contact with one of them. A few more questions... and they find out it's J who has seen this person and it gave the date of the encounter. After asking the question as to whether the "mysterious person" is there with them.... a book falls off the shelf and.... they all go racing down the stairs scared half to death. End of story.
Well, my little followers... what did you think of that? Quite the little story, right? I'm inclined to believe that the first part of the story was someone playing a joke on J and he just never found out who. The second part is that, Ouija boards are wicked and are something we should not base anything off of. Check out this interesting site I found: http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/ouija-board.htm. Seems like a good explanation to me of a Ouija board. Anyway, let me know what you all think of it. Could be interesting to see what everyone else thinks of it. :)

For those wondering, we didn't spend the entire evening talking about ghosts. We did watch a couple episodes of Mythbusters. And if you haven't seen it, it's pretty awesome. Did you know, that if two cars (traveling about 60 mph), towards each other, and a guy in one car threw a styrofoam cup filled with a slushy, that it could crack the windshield enough (of the opposite car) that the driver would end up crashing? Isn't that insane! I guess I'm stupid cause I would've guessed that one as busted. :)
Oh well... I think I should take my stupid brain to bed so it can rest and maybe be more intelligent in the morning. Strange how it never seems to be though.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment