Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rain and sleepless nights

Gracious! What's with all this rain!? We need more sunny days and blue skies. :) It is fun to play in the rain or even go running in the rain, but it's high time we have some warm, sunny days. :) Oh, speaking of warm, sunny days.... I soo want to go to the beach! I have never been, but I really want to. A small, beautiful island with just family would be pretty much perfect. :) I'll make it to the beach one of these days.

Last night, Elisabeth and I worked an 8 hour shift together and ran like crazy. I think we got maybe 2 1/2 hours of sleep. We ended up taking an LDT that took about 3 hours and after getting a little sleep we ran a couple calls non-stop. It was terrible... we would get back from a call, all tired and exhausted, have enough time to get one boot off before tones would go off again. That happened twice. We finally got a little more sleep before getting our last call at 6 this morning. We had a total of 6 calls last night. Thankfully, most of the patients didn't care to be transported to the hospital.
Elisabeth and I always manage to be crazy and fun even when we're very tired. We end up laughing at each other because we either said something crazy or we've done something really retarded that shows how little we use our brains when we're tired. ;) It did crack me up quite a bit when Elisabeth was trying to say "indigestion", but instead kept saying "indignation". :) Hm, I guess it's good we can have a sense of humor even though we're working instead of sleeping. :)
I work again tonight, so I probably should take a nap in case I'm up all night. Let's hope it'll be a quiet night. :) I am off till Tuesday evening though, so at least I can catch up on my sleep if we end up awake all night.

Well, I hope everyone else is enjoying this "lovely" rain we're having... and yes, I'm being a little sarcastic. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment