Sunday, May 9, 2010

"WELL WELL WELL"

"Well well well, let's have a drink of it now!"

When you're at a loss as to how to start a post... just start singing the first song that comes into your head. ;-) Don't ask me why that song was the first to pop into my head.... I don't even remember what movie it's from. Terrible. The title has something to do with millionaire. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :)

I'm working away on an 8 hour shift and so far we haven't done a whole lot of anything. We ran one call and did a no patient contact.
My partner eats very healthy and hardly ever eats sweets. So.... of course, I told him what I thought about that and said how much I love chocolate milkshakes, cookies, and anything else that's sweet. :) I told him that my body is so used to it that it would probably kill me if I totally quit eating sweets. =) As you can imagine, it was a pretty hilarious conversation. :) Oh, and he did admit to eating a brownie last week. :)
Hm... while we're on the subject of chocolate.... he did say that I could go and get a milkshake. Maybe I should do that soon. ;-)

Well, I ran my first 10K race yesterday. :) It was by myself, so that was a little sad. But I was able to keep a good pace and finished in 1:01. Not great, but considering that while I was warming up my leg was killing me, I was okay with it. :) I even had enough energy at the end to pick up the pace. That is always a good thing. :) Today was my off day and my legs have slowly recovered throughout the day. Ibuprofen has really been my lifesaver. I failed to bring any last night while I was working and really missed it... I was up a couple times every hour. It was extremely annoying since we didn't get a single call all night and I should've been able to sleep well. I'll just have to catch up on my sleep tonight. :)
Some of you may wonder why I don't quit running when I'm always hurting from it. But I've started to love running and I don't want to ever give it up. :) I'll probably go lame before that happens. =D

Well, I'm going to go and see what the rest of the crews are doing.... and maybe even tell my partner I need a milkshake. ;-) hehe

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I remember that song...I haven't watched that movie in forever! I think it's from The Happiest Millionaire though. I hope you got that milkshake...I'm sure it would have really strengthened your legs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you're right! :) Knew it had something to do with millionaire! :)

    No, I didn't get a milkshake that night, but I did get one last night... so it's all good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete