Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The beauty of living in the country...

I love being home and in the country. I am sitting under our maple tree enjoying the wind blowing, the birds singing, Nate playing the piano, the green trees, and blue sky. :) I know in the city it's the same, except you don't have the peacefulness. The city seems so stressful... everyone is in such a hurry to do whatever it is they're doing that day and there's always the endless noises of horns, sirens, trains, people, etc. It's never calm ... it is always stressed out. Then you come to the country and it's like you stepped into another world. It's as if the whole world has stopped and God has given us a glimpse of heaven. I'm pretty sure there won't be annoying dogs and pesky flies though. ;) Thank goodness!

I've gotten used to living in the city and there is some advantages, like being five minutes from Wal-Mart when you realize you forgot an ingredient. :) And you eventually get used to the never-ending noises that go on throughout the day. But in my eyes it doesn't even come close to competing with the country. People who have lived in the city all their life are really missing out on a lot.

It's frustrating sometimes when it seems as if you can never get away from all the noise and distractions in the city... if you want to be alone and somewhere peaceful it's hard to find. All I have to do here is walk a few steps out the back door and I'm in the woods. :) I love it!
A mountain would be a nice addition to our woods, but I guess I'll be content with the bluff we have. ;-) It's not as huge as a mountain, but it'll give you a workout if you attempt to climb it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment