Friday, April 30, 2010

12.5!

So, this morning I got up and ran my 12.5 miles. :) I can't believe I'm almost to 13 miles! It really is amazing. :) Last year, I would've never guessed I'd be training for a half marathon. Hm... wonder what next year hold for me? ;-)
Ok, so one thing I really hate about all this running is I somehow seem to hurt myself every time. Don't ask me how I do it, but I'm guessing my body hates running. :) My shins are finally feeling better and don't bother me as much. But now my right leg refuses to get better. I've had a pain that was radiating, thankfully, it's seems mostly gone now. But then a couple weeks ago I pulled a muscle in my leg which has made it extremely hard to run. When I got up to run my 11 miles (two weeks ago), I didn't think I would be able to because it was even hurting me some to walk.... but guess what?! Ibuprofen is like a miracle! ;) I know it's probably not great to take Ibuprofen right before a run, but it really worked well. I ran better than I had in quite a while. :) The muscle finally seemed to get better on Tuesday, but than I think I may have aggravated it again today. Lame! This will be the second time I've done that. :-/ The time before I was working and was stupid and stepped up into the ambulance with my right leg.
Ugh, can I seriously just make it a month without hurting myself?! It's frustrating sometimes... as I'm sure you can tell now that I've let myself rant about it. I always think though that it'll get better if I keep running. Ha! I think I'm being really optimistic.... but I'm not giving up running so it'll have to cripple me first. :)

Well, that is what I'm going through right now. :) Work is slow and I'm so bored.... oh well. I'll get some reading done instead, I guess. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hillary! I am commenting to let you know that I have awarded you the PURE IN HEART award! Check our blog for details!

    ReplyDelete