Saturday, April 10, 2010

Craziness...

Right now, I am sitting in my room at work with 18 more hours left until I'm off. Hm... how did my life get so crazy the last couple days? Well, it all started at 6:55 (am) on Thursday when I was asked to work a 24 in Centralia since they had had a call-in. Than Friday night at around 9:30 I got a page for an open shift that night, so of course I took it. Then... after getting off work at 7 this morning another page went out for a day/evening that was open that day. So I took the evening part and that's what my life has been like so far. Pretty crazy, huh? ;) I started my week with 16 hours and ended up with 56 instead. You can't get much better than that! ;-)
I should be trying to sleep now since you never know what your night will be like. Last night, we got 3 calls and so about all the sleep I got was from 4-6:30. It was really weird but I was still wide awake at 2 in the morning... totally retarded. And I hadn't had any chocolate or coffee. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight... I'll need it to get me through tomorrow. My energy is slowly leaving me... :-/ That's probably due to the fact that I ran 9 1/2 miles today on little sleep. Not exactly a wise thing to do, but I had only ran once this week and really didn't want to miss.
Hm... I'm trying to decide if I try and take a nap before 10:30 or if I should just stay up... Kay, you're not on facebook to tell me what you think I should do! ;-) I'm on truck 151 now, at 11 I'll be switching to 111, and than at 7 I'll be switching back to 151. Terribly inconvenient if you ask me... actually, it's not really that bad, just means I can't fall asleep now. :)
Ok, I'm going to take a nap anyway, cause I'm about to fall asleep. That gives me an hour nap before I need to be up again. :) Night all!

1 comment:

  1. You and Elisabeth are crazy working those kind of shifts!

    ReplyDelete