Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope each and every one of you are having a fabulous thanksgiving! My thanksgiving would be even better if I were home, but I offered to work thanksgiving so I could have Christmas off. It's really not been so bad either. I'm on a 40 hour straight and I'm incredibly thankful for the 6 hours of sleep I had last night. A perfect way to start thanksgiving day. :) I am missing all the food that we have on Thanksgiving, but my boss (who's working today too) brought in a turkey and his wife is bringing food when she comes this afternoon. So, I don't think I'll be lacking on the food side of things. ;) 
I'm looking forward to being off work tomorrow morning and heading home. Again! :) I was home from Friday to Wednesday and only came up to Columbia to work my shifts and then head back home. Nathan is home for the whole week and it was great to see him again. He's such a grown-up, college boy. ;) I am so very thankful to have such wonderful siblings and parents! We always have such good times and it makes me wish for when we were all younger and still living at home. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with where my life is at the moment, but I still miss those younger years. Those of you still living at home, don't be too quick to grow up. It will happen fast enough and the best thing for you to do, is to enjoy every moment and to serve your family in a way that would be glorifying to God. :) 

On a different note..... =) I finally signed up for classes! Some of you may be thinking, "It's about time!" But, it's better that I waited and I'm more excited now than I would've been if I had started at 18. I had no interest in college at 18. There was never a subject in high school that I enjoyed and so college seemed to be a waste. As I look back I realize that if I had gone to college, I would've been almost done by now. But instead, I went to EMT class, became certified, and have been working for 2 years that I would not give up. God works in different ways in different peoples lives and I don't regret anything He has done in my life. :) I will admit to being a little nervous about classes, just because I will be a full time student plus working 40 hours each week. So, I hope and pray that I will be able to stick with it and to not give up. :)

And another little bit of news.... I'm waiting to hear whether or not I got accepted to go to Africa. Unfortunately, I have to wait until January to find out. I'm so hoping I get accepted though! =) If I did go, I would be working in a medical clinic in Maasai, Kenya from May 31st to August 4th. Doesn't that  sound awesome?! =D Oh, and I was warned that it would be in the bush and so there may be times that I wouldn't have electricity and wouldn't be able to go out at night due to prowling animals. And guess what? That made me want to go even more! So you can imagine how difficult it is to wait till January to hear if I'm even going. :) Patience....I need more of it.

Well, I hope you all have had  a wonderful day so far! Between eating lunch and running calls it's taken me almost all day to write this post. ;-P

OH, and what do you think of the new look? I've not decided yet if I like it or not, so we'll see if it lasts. Adalie, I know without asking that you love the green. ;-D

2 comments:

  1. I really need to tap into some of your enthusiasm for life! I love it. :D I miss you so much. I'm praying that you will get accepted to go to Africa!!! That would be amazing, and an answer to our prayers over the last few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly my lime green, but yes, I do like it. :D
    But *ahem*, I'll share a lil' secret with you..Green equals amazing, right? Right. Lime green, though? It equals awesomeness beyond the most amazing of all. You should try it O: lol

    ReplyDelete