Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Well folks, I'm officially exhausted! I've had maybe 3 hours of sleep in over 30 hours and it's really beating me up. I'm starting to greatly dislike these long shifts that I have.... I worked an 8 hour shift on Sunday and was up part of the night so I slept most of the morning after getting off. I then went back to work at 11 on Monday night and I'm here till tomorrow morning at 7. An hour after being at work, we got called to do a transport to Barnes. Talk about a bad dream! We left the hospital at 12:30 and finally made it back to Columbia at 4:30. The nice thing about late transports is, nobody's on the road. :) Bad thing is that you're so tired that it's hard to stay awake. I ended up getting some coffee in hopes that it would keep me awake for the drive home....it worked for the first hour. The caffeine made me sick for the rest of the morning though, so I think it's probably best if I stay away from it. :-/ I did get two hours of sleep that morning which helped quite a bit! I was able to lay down later that day and got maybe another hour of sleep. Some of you are probably wondering why I'm not sleeping now. Well, I laid down at seven in hopes of sleeping till morning and got up an hour later not having slept at all. So, guess what?! I'm wide awake!

Ok, so that was awhile ago...now I'm tired. ;) I had more to write, but that's all gonna have to wait. I may not write till next week since I have my race this weekend. :) Woohoo! I'm actually kinda worried since I don't feel ready... I'll try to write next week though and let you know if I lived! ;-) hehe

Sleep well, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment