Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Indianapolis Half Marathon!

Well, sorry about the delay in getting pictures up from the race. I was working on getting video's up the other day and failed so many times that I just gave up. I'll maybe work on it later today. :) Ok, well now it's evening and I haven't even gotten the pictures up. What a failure. ;-P I'm working though, so I have an excuse.
 
Walking to the start. It was really cold and dark... it was after seven when these pictures were taken. Crazy, right?

At the starting line! Races are so exciting! I was nervous the night before, but once I got started I felt good. :)

 Do we look cold?

 Adalie brought a blanket down to the race and we kinda stole it from her. It's amazing what a little blanket can do!

Standing in line for the porta-pots  ;)

I just thought this picture looked cool. I believe Kayla took all these. :)

 
Mom coming in to the finish line!

 
My mom is amazing and I love her so much! She beat me again this time, but I really don't mind.  :)

Why do I always look like I'm dying in my pictures?! Even the professional pictures that the race got, I still look awful!

Uh....I think I maybe saw the kids and I'm yelling....it could be I just always look like that. ;-P hehe


A great feeling is when you see that finish line and you know that you made it! I do a lot of praying though when I race. :) I honestly never know if I'll make it or not and He always gets me through. This race was definitely easier than the summer ones, but I still got pretty worn out and ready to be done. Mile 9 my ankles started hurting and I felt if I stopped running I would never be able to start again. 
Racing isn't easy for me and may never be. It's almost like running the race for Christ. We all have our hard times, we may hurt at times, but if we keep pressing on we will cross that finish line. And at the end we'll have a crown of glory and we'll know it was worth all that pain. You don't really get a crown of glory when you run a half marathon, but it's definitely worth all the pain. At least in my opinion. :)  Keep running the race for Christ!

Finished! I was only behind mom by 45 seconds. :) I kept her in my sights almost the whole race. I couldn't let her get too far ahead. ;)

 lol, my hair is pretty strange looking.... ;)


Taking our water belts off.

So, I bent over to set my water belt on the ground and all my muscles ached so bad that I could barely lean over! My crazy body....it hates all this running. ;)

 
I love my mom <3

Our last picture before leaving the hotel. :) I have a beautiful mom and two beautiful sisters. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment