Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My pretty sweet life. ;-)

Well, I've taken a break from posting pictures from my trip but hopefully I'll get finished with them before too long. :) I really should be going to bed as it is 12:15 and I'm not sure how much sleeping I'll get done since we've been busy this evening. I think the chocolate milkshake I had earlier is keeping me awake. ;-) Oh well....
I went home last Friday and was able to stay with my family until this morning (or more like yesterday morning) when I had to leave for work. I made it to work before 10 and was told I had no partner. That's just lovely. So, I got to work with the boss till 3 this afternoon. I always thought it would be a little freaky to work with the boss but it turned out to be a pretty good time. :) Well, we didn't do a whole lot besides one transport in town... rather boring, but that's the way it goes. We didn't get any calls all afternoon and most of the evening, but the other crew ended up running their butts off. They were a little upset about getting all the calls.... :) Towards later evening, we started getting more calls, nothing too awesome though. Flipped car, cardiac arrest (which ended up as a J4), suicidal pt, and a sick person. I suppose it hasn't been too bad of an evening then. :)
My favorite times to work are when you have an awesome crew on both trucks. This evening was pretty hilarious and there was a lot of laughing going on. :-) Teasing, a great deal of sarcasm, jokes, and stories always makes for an enjoyable evening. :)
Later, we all went and got ice cream together and actually had time to finish before getting any calls. I think that probably added to my craziness. ;-) I was told this afternoon that my true colors were coming out.... actually that was said quite a few times this afternoon and evening. Haha, beware everyone! ;-)

Well, besides working and going home not a whole lot has been happening in my life. It's days like today, with having a good crew and this totally sweet weather, that make me love my job. :) There are times when I really don't want to go to work, but I really do love it and I'm glad I don't work in an office. :) An office can be pure torture and I can't stand being inside when the weather is gorgeous.

I suppose I should try and sleep... I'm hoping it's a good night so when I get off at 7 I can go run. :) I'm trying to get back into a routine of running and getting my mileage back up. We'll see... my heart still freaks out. Dumb thing. ;)

Hope everyone is sleeping and has a good day tomorrow!! Actually, that would be later today. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to run, I'm heading out in a little bit to run...the weather is amazing and so awesome to run in! Hopefully your heart doesn't freak out. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't end up running. I ended up with about 4 hours of sleep and came home to try and sleep some more.... didn't work too well. I should've just ran in the morning and then taken a nap in the afternoon... probably would've actually gotten some sleep then. :)
    How'd your run go?

    ReplyDelete