Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm riding the short bus these days.... ;-)

Don't you hate it when you're so tired but then you can't go to sleep? Those are terrible times. I was so tired this afternoon that I thought I would try and take a nap. Yeah, it didn't happen. I laid there about an hour before realizing it was a hopeless cause. Oh well... I'll just have to get to bed early. :-)

I wasn't supposed to work this morning but a shift was open so I picked it up. And, out of the kindness of my heart, I made breakfast for the guys at work. ;-) Didn't actually end up eating till after 8 because of calls, but it was good when we finally did. :) Oh, and to show their gratitude for making them breakfast, they decided to play a joke on me. Yeah, pretty bad.... I suppose I deserved it though. :) We had gotten back from a call and one of the guys was standing outside, so my partner and I hit the horn and sirens. :) It was loud and so him and his partner had to return the favor. We had all sat down to eat breakfast and they both took a bite and at the same time spit it out. Their comments were: "Why is it so bitter?!" "This is bad!" "What did you put in this!?" "Wow, that's terrible stuff!" I had already eaten several bites of mine and so at first figured they were just playing a joke. After they kept saying it was bad and with such straight faces, I started to believe them. They finally admitted it after I started to get a little worried. :) They were so happy they had gotten me back that I wasn't that upset with them. Working up here you have to be able to take jokes and teasing well or you'll never make it. I just give it right back and so most of us get along fairly well. :) The last couple days I've been told that I must ride the short bus and lick the window. I did laugh pretty hard about that one. :) I was told this morning it was going to be a long 8 hours because I was working. :-) It was a pretty good shift anyway. :)
I work again tomorrow and it'll be a crazy day. There's a bunch of LDT's going out so there will be a bunch of extra crews. Elisabeth and I will be going to Carrollton MO and we'll get back in time for me to work my evening shift. I should then be off Tuesday and Wednesday, but we shall see. You never know when something will turn up. :)

Well, that's all for now.... hope everyone had a good Sunday afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment