Friday, March 12, 2010

My crazy week. :)

Wow, so it's been more than a week since I posted last... I've been terribly busy and life never slows down. :) Don't you just love it when life is like that?! I'm actually having a pretty lazy Saturday so that is nice. :) I did get up early and run my first 5K and absolutely loved it! I think there's another one in two weeks so I'll probably try and do that one too. :-) I think I'm going to get addicted to running races. :)

Tuesday, after work, I went down to Springfield to celebrate a friend's birthday. :) She was having a party on Wednesday and I went down early to spend more time with her...since I hardly ever get to see her. You really should come up sometime, Emily. You're always welcome! =) The party was great and the food was awesome! I ate quite a bit... and then I was on a high all day. ;-) It doesn't take much for me to be on a high.... as most people know. =)
Of course, great times always come to an end and so early Thursday morning I drove back to Columbia and made it in time for work...or 30 minutes after I was supposed to be there. :) Thankfully, no one seemed to mind. :)

Last week went pretty good even though I worked through my weekend. Saturday, Elisabeth and I worked together and saved the city of Columbia from all it's troubles. Ok, so we didn't even come close to doing that. :)
Everyone at work seems to be doing a little better with us working together and not getting us confused for the other. Oh, and I think this is completely retarded, but most people think I'm older than Elisabeth. Can you believe that?! I must look old! And then at bible study, everyone thought I was 25 and in grad school. WEIRD! I must be getting gray hair and wrinkly skin. ;) How sad...

Sunday, was terribly boring all morning and then the afternoon we got busy. We had a motocross accident where the guy went up a jump and he went one way and his bike went the other. He had lower back pain and probably sprained his ankle. He had a few scratches and stuff but other than that seemed fine.
A little before 2 we got dispatched for a motor vehicle accident with ejections. The van had been going north, overturned several times, and ended up in the southbound lane. When we arrived, we saw 3 ejected, 1 was being extricated, and fire had already gotten the baby out. None of those in the vehicle spoke English and we really didn't get a whole lot of information from them because none of us spoke Spanish. One patient was flown and the others were all taken by ambulance. The one that was flown ended up dying soon after that. The others were critical but made it...or the last I'd heard they had.
That was my first big trauma and it was definitely an experience. One of the hardest things is once you get on scene not getting sidetracked by what everyone is doing. There is so much going on that you just want to stand around and watch. It made me realize again how very short life is... In only seconds your life can go a totally different direction, or it can all be over. Another reason why we should all live our life for Christ and give Him all the glory.

Well, that is my epistle for the week. I hope that was long enough for you, Kay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment