Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A wonderful weekend. :)

My awesome weekend is over with and now I'm being my normal workaholic self. =) I had debated whether to go home or not since I worked Saturday till 3 and knew that it would only be about one day that I'd spend with my family. I talked to Kayla and we decided it would be fun to surprise everyone though and I would leave right after work. :) I talked to mom on Saturday and amazingly enough was able to keep it a secret... I finally had to tell her that my relief was there so I could get off the phone and change before heading home. =) We were having a rather serious conversation so I'm glad she wasn't offended that I got off so quickly. :)
I wasn't sure how I would get in the house with no one seeing me since someone is always sitting at the computer and you have a good view of the road... and plus the crazy dogs that bark. The dogs must have been in the woods cause it was all quiet when I drove up and I was able to get all the way to the stairs before Nate saw me. :) Nate turned around, saw me, and showed no facial expression at all. Wow, he's good! Either that or he didn't care that I was there. ;-) I had talked on the phone to Kay right before I got home and so her job was to make sure no one was looking out of the windows. :) Hard job... but she pulled it off wonderfully and was able to get everyone upstairs (before they were all standing around in the kitchen with a clear view of the road). I walked up the stairs to hear Mom asking Kayla what we had talked about. =D That's when I came around the corner and said "Hi!" Wow, I so wish I had had a camera to video tape their expressions. :) It was awesome! Definitely worth the trip even if it wasn't for very long. :)
I actually didn't leave till Monday. I normally watch my cousins in the morning but my aunt had written to say that I didn't need to come in. :) So, I still had to leave the house at 6 but at least I got to spend all Sunday evening with them instead of driving. :)
And that was my story... sorry you all had to put up reading about it. But seriously, you didn't have to read it. :-)

Oh, and some other exiting news. :) I am now registered for the 37th annual Hospital Hill Run! Yay! I'm so excited! I only hope that my shins continue to heal and don't give me any trouble. :) It's not till June 5th so I have some time to get up to 13 miles. Elisabeth had done it last year and wanted all of us girls to go and do it this year. It's going to be tons of fun cause we're leaving all the guys and it'll just be us girls....and maybe a baby. Bethany might not be weaned yet to leave at home. It'll still be fun even with a baby though. :)

Well, work is going well and I picked up a couple extra shifts so that'll take care of Saturday and Sunday. Life wouldn't be all that grand if we didn't work every single day. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment