Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An update

Here's the update: I'm doing great, working hard, and being a bum when I'm not working hard. And that's really it. I could totally be done writing, but I'm sure it would be really odd to post an "update" with very little written. Seriously though, the above is really all that's been happening....especially the bum part. ;)
I really need to find something to do in my spare time as I really end up being the biggest bum ever and it drives me insane. Every day last week that I was off I wanted to bake cupcakes or something to make me busy. I didn't though as I would've spent a ton of money to buy all the baking stuff. Btw, I don't usually just make one batch of cupcakes. It usually ends up being 2 or 3 batches. Don't worry! I spread them out over a couple weeks so I don't kill myself. I usually can eat about 10 cupcakes a day....which means they don't really last a couple weeks. More like a few days. Oh wait, you wanna know the truth? Ok, I take them into work and only (usually) eat two. :) I made seventy some odd cupcakes and took them to the base and the ER. Let me just say that it is one incredible way to get everyone to like you. ;) Of course, then they never leave you alone and are constantly asking for more cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, cookies, etc. So ungrateful. But, I keep bringing them more because it's one way I can bake without having to eat them all myself. :) I came into work the other day and the first thing I got asked was: "Where's the cinnamon rolls?" Like I said, ungrateful. ;) 
Oh, the latest and greatest cupcakes at the moment are: Neapolitan Cupcakes with ice cream frosting. :) Sooo yummy! I made them for a church dinner and they were gone pretty quick. The Red Velvet Cupcakes are a close second though as everyone at work loves them. I like them too. :)
Next week is a big day! Yesterday, my partner and I decided that we were going to have a cake competition. Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, all made from scratch. :) We work again next week and so will bring our cakes in to see who has the better one. His sounds pretty awesome, so I may have to steal his recipe. ;) I'll let you know how it goes and who had the better cake. =)
The best news of all though, is that I'm going home on Friday!! I have been waiting for this weekend to come for awhile and it's almost here! Even though it seems like everyday goes by incredibly slowly and I'm about to go insane from it. I'm excited to see everyone and I'll finally get to meet my adorable nephew! Who seems to be cuter in every picture I see of him. :)
Well, pretty sure it's time for me to sleep. I worked last night and I'm at it again tonight....have I said how much I hate working nights? Cause they pretty much make you feel really rotten. I don't think they would be as bad if I had a set schedule of working nights. It's the not sleeping during the day and then getting up at odd hours during the night that make you feel rotten. Ok, enough talk. It's after 10 and I am beat. Goodnight, little world and sleep well. :)

Btw, I did not read through this again, so please forgive any errors I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment