Saturday, January 15, 2011

As for God, His way is perfect.
2 Sam 22:31


So, a lot has been on my mind lately and I've realized that without even thinking about it I seem to stress about things. I have so much I need to get done and then it seems like the day gets ahead of me and I realize I didn't complete everything I wanted to. We all, in a sense, probably stress about life issues and yet why should we? We have a Savior who has shouldered our burden for us and who has promised to never leave us. It should be so easy to just leave everything in His hands and never have another worry. But we are constantly struggling with trusting our life in God's hands. Something that should be easy and yet so hard. I am always in need of reminder that God is in control of my life and it's best that way. Seriously, why would I ever want control of my life? When I leave everything to God, I am more happy with my life. Even if things go differently than I had planned in the end it always works out wonderfully. When I try to take control, I stress about little things that shouldn't matter that much and I realize that I'm trying to do everything in my own strength instead of relying on the Lord. Which makes me really upset cause I realize how dumb I am. We almost make ourselves out to be God and that we can do better on our own. Believe me, you'll get nowhere in life if you think you have better control of your life than God. He created us and knows our hearts. He gave us eternal life that we might live forever in His presence. He has the perfect plan for us and all we have to do is trust Him to lead us.

There are so many verses in the Bible that talk about trusting: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” (Psa 3:5) “And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord hast not forsaken them that seek thee.” (Psa 9:10) “Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.” (Isa 26:4) “Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.” (Pro 30:5) What more could we want? He is our shield and everlasting strength.

Another important thing to realize is that, when we try and trust in our own strength, we are left vulnerable to the wiles of Satan. Satan is conniving and will try and convince us that our strength will get us through each day. As Christians, we are constantly fighting this battle with Satan. He will do everything he can to draw us away from the Lord. Always remember though, “Once saved, always saved.” No matter what Satan does, he can never truly get a hold of us. He may try and persuade us otherwise, but we will find the strength in the Lord to fight against him. Never lose sight of the light of the Lord. Put your faith in Him who's will is perfect and who will guide us to the end.

The verse at the top is one we should always remember. It may be something that we remind ourselves every day. God's way is perfect and we will find true happiness if we always keep our eyes on Him.


2 comments: