Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A post... finally!

Man, I don't think I'll ever get better about posting! Such a terrible thing.... But, life keeps going on even when I don't post so.... yeah. Um, work is still going well. Monday we had a pretty nice extrication accident. Pretty exciting.... except that I ended up driving as we can't have firefighters driving the ambulance if we're running hot, that is, unless they already work for an ambulance district. Totally lame... It was still cool to help with getting the patients out of the truck and onto the backboards and all the excitement that comes with it. :) Oh, and I saw a pretty nasty open fracture.... I didn't think the patient had a foot at first cause all I saw was the bone sticking out. It was cool looking but I do feel bad for the patient as he will have to go through quite a bit to get back to walking on it again. Other than that, we've not had any cool calls. Lol, we did get called to the residence of this elderly lady who wanted us to call her physical therapist and let them know she was too sore to do anything today. Wow.... yeah, we do get calls like that sometimes. :)

Um...lets see.. what other interesting news do I have... Oh, I went to a new doctor to see if we could get any farther with finding out what's wrong with my crazy heart. Didn't really find out anything but I did like the doctor. She seemed very nice and actually seemed interested in what was going on. We did some more blood work to rule out any type of thyroid problem and it all came back fine.... so the next step is to take another stress test and then a heart rate recovery afterward and see how quickly my heart rate comes down. Not sure when they'll schedule it but I'm really hoping it's on one of my off days. I'm sure I'll post if we find anything out....

Ok, so I've really decided that I want to do an adventure race. It sounds soo cool and yet would be really hard! I wish I could do the 8 hour one in December but I'm really thinking there is no way for me to be ready and especially with this heart of mine. I probably would keel over dead after 6-8 hours of my heart being in the 180's... maybe next year...

Oh, something that did not make my day... my debit card was compromised and I had to close it. Made me really upset but at least I caught it when I did and didn't go for awhile with it like that. It just stinks that I'll be without a card for a week or more while I wait for a new one.. talk about a lame deal. Oh well... I'll survive with my checks and my $11 in cash. Lol, it'll make for an interesting week.

Well, I am about as tuckered out as a hound dog... and think I should consider heading in the direction of my bed... 5 in the morning is really early to think about at the moment.
Can't believe I referred to myself as a dog... how sickening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment