Friday, January 22, 2010

Long night...

Guess what?! I'm working again! ;-) Only about 5 more hours to go....
I'm drinking a big cup of coffee and hoping it wakes me up. Last night at about 9:30 I got a page that the ambulance was needing a crew to go to Kansas City. So, I took it and ended up not getting home till 4. Yeah, so I got about an hour and a half of sleep and now I'm trying to stay awake. I wasn't at all tired during the trip but now I'm exhausted. I'm not really familiar with Kansas City so I sat with the patient and my partner drove us. We did end up getting lost but we finally found the place and it all ended good. :) My patient was a young psych kid that was going to a school up there. We played tic-tac-toe, blew up the gloves and made faces on them, and had a good time. :) Around 1 I asked him if he was tired, he said no and then fell asleep. :) Poor kid.... it was too late for him.

I'm so excited about sleeping in tomorrow! Yay, for me! ;) Elisabeth and Patrick will be leaving in the morning to go see his family so I'll be home alone for the weekend. Well, besides the dog. If only he would talk.... except that might be a little scary. Anybody want to come visit me? :) It's really sad to not have any friends to go hang out with. I really need to make some friends but I'm not exactly sure how to do that when the only people I'm around are those I work with. Lame... I need to get out more. ;)

Man, I'm almost finished with my coffee. :( Sad! What will I do now... fall asleep? ;) That's probably not a wise idea... wouldn't want to lose my job. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could come up...we're planning to soon though! Elisabeth is suppose to be giving me some ideas of the times that work good for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wish you were coming up this weekend... but at least it won't be too long. :)

    ReplyDelete