Sunday, January 8, 2012

This is THE WEEK! ;)

This is a big week for me. Tuesday, I start classes for the very first time! I'm really looking forward to it and hope everything goes smoothly. Yes, I am nervous. I know the first week shouldn't be too bad, but looking ahead I realized how difficult it will be to work, go to classes, and study. I think it's next week that I'm scheduled to work 8 hour shifts, so five days of working plus 3 days of classes. And I would like to fit in some time to sleep too.... ;) I'm sure it won't take me too long to feel like I'm going crazy, but thankfully, I have a heavenly Father who has promised to be with me every step of the way. I really couldn't ask for anything better. :)

This week is also important because I find out if I go to Africa. I was told that I would know  by the end of this week if I was going. I want nothing more than to be able to go and serve, but I realize that God may have other plans for me. If I end up staying in the states this summer, I'll probably take summer classes and move farther along in that direction. I used to hate it when people would tell me that Africa would still be there a year from now and that there's no rush to go. I don't hate it so much anymore, because I know that God will provide a way for me to go in His own timing. I won't make it there any sooner no matter how hard I try.  :)

Well, I hope everyone else has a wonderful week! :)

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you'd be for sure finding out if you're going to Africa this week! Cool! :) I hope you get to go for your sake...I think the rest of us will be sad to have you gone for most of the summer though. :) I hope you have an amazing first week of classes too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the lady wrote and needed another reference because she couldn't get a hold of my boss, so when I gave her Amy's she said that I would know by the end of the week. :)It will be sad to be gone all summer, I'll miss swimming and laying out in the sun. :) It's totally worth it if I get to go though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Praying for you, Hillary! :-) Have fun with classes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Christi!! I can use all the prayers I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete