Friday, January 20, 2012

It's my dream!!

I'm officially going to Masai, Kenya!!! Seriously, I don't think words can express my extreme happiness. =D I got the call this afternoon and still can't believe it's actually true. Every year since I was 15, I hoped and prayed that I would be able to go and every year God had different plans for me. It's a good thing that we can't see the future. If I had known at 15 that I wouldn't be going to Africa until I was 22, I don't know how well I would've handled that. I knew that I would one day go, but I had no idea how long it would be. Obviously, at 15, I was hoping it would be the next year or so. I'm glad that God is in control of my life and knows what is best for me! I'll certainly be staying busy the next couple weeks with getting all the paperwork figured out and sent in. But it's all worth it! I'm so excited and happy that this dream of mine is actually coming true! It's really the best news ever, right?!?! =D

I finished my second week of school! I really am grateful to get through each week. I'm finding out that working and going to school can be extremely difficult. I really can't rely on getting anything done at work, because if I do, I get upset when we have to run calls. So, if I have the mindset that I will probably not get any homework done while working, then I'll be happy when I do. :) Yesterday, I actually got quite a bit done while working. I did math while on a transport and when I got back I finished up some Anatomy and Psychology. It was actually a really slow day and we only had one call besides the transport. For those of you wondering, I do enjoy school to some extent. I don't like that I can't come home as much anymore. :( Because I have classes Tuesday through Thursday, I end up working the weekends...totally lame, but it'll be worth it once I'm finished. At least, that's what I tell myself. ;-)

Well, I will probably be posting again at some point to let you all know about my latest nephew. :) No, he's not here yet, but I really hope he comes soon cause I want to meet him! My mom will be coming up to spend a week with Elisabeth and Patrick to help them with the baby...but they will have to share her, because I want some time with her too. ;)

Well, I really need to quit procrastinating about writing my paper and just do it. Unfortunately though, these: http://www.ziplist.com/recipes/376122-Cookie_Dough_Dip_Recipe, http://www.somethingswanky.com/2012/01/brownie-batter-dip.html, keep begging me to make them. I just may have to give into the temptation.... ;)

2 comments: