Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas, New Years, and sickness.....

Wow, didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, cause I sure did! :) I was able to be home from Friday to Monday and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's so much better than being stuck here in Columbia.... ;) Columbia is a cool city to live in, but when you don't have many friends that live here, then it can just be plain boring. Right now I'm sitting all by myself in the apartment, listening to music and being a bum. My roommates went home for Christmas so it's kinda strange to not have someone to talk to. It's probably a good thing they aren't here though, because I have made an incredibly big mess in the kitchen and haven't cleaned it up yet. I'm procrastinating since my bedroom really needs to be picked up too. It looks like a tornado came through my bedroom and the kitchen without tearing up anything else. Strange, right? ;) Despite what you may be thinking, I'm not really a dirty person. I like having things clean and so as soon as I finish writing this I'll be cleaning everything up. :) Oh, and if you're wondering why I have a dirty kitchen, it's because I'm baking things to sell. :) I have several people signed up for cinnamon rolls, cookies and cupcakes. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to get all the orders done by afternoon. :)
Does anybody else hate being tired? I feel like I've had little sleep this last week or so and yet I have been able to get 8 hours of sleep some days. There has been days though that I've gotten 3 and 4 hours of sleep though too and I think that's what's messing me up.

--------------------------

So, that was written last week and I never got around to finishing it up. We hadn't even gotten through New Years when I posted that....weird how time flies sometimes. Anyway, I had a wonderful time home with my family again for New Years. Us kids stayed up till midnight and we rang in the New Year by drinking sparkling grape juice from wine glasses and listening to Auld Lang Syne. Mom and dad had gone to bed and so we tried being quiet, but I don't think we succeeded very well. ;) lol, I wish I could remember all the quotes that people said that night. Some were pretty hilarious! I do remember one between Jacob and Nathan. And btw, this is probably 10 minutes or so before midnight... ;)
Jacob: "So, are we all going to say what our New Year resolutions are?"
Nate: *rubs his belly* "Mine is to not get fat this year."
Jacob: "You can't say until after the New Year! Now you are going to get fat."
Haha, I thought it was hilarious anyway. ;)

This week hasn't been my greatest.... I've gotten a cold and it's a little stinker! It refuses to go away and I'm really starting to dislike it. I made it through my 40 hours for the week and so now I can rest up and hopefully get better before school starts. I hadn't been sick since last summer, and so I was kinda disappointed to not make it all the way through winter without getting anything. It's actually been a long time since I've been this sick.... Fever, neck pain and a really bad sore throat. There were a couple times at work that I had trouble talking with my pt's because my throat hurt so much. Let's just say that it's probably the quietest I've ever been at work...since first starting out. I didn't tell anyone at work that I wasn't feeling well, so they probably thought I was just mad about something since I didn't say a whole lot. ;)

School starts on Tuesday and I'm excited and pretty nervous. I keep hoping that I didn't take on too much. The good thing is that God can provide the strength I need to get through... We really can't do anything without Him.

Well, I'm going to get some more water and finish my book.... maybe I'll be better at posting this year. No promises though.

No comments:

Post a Comment