Monday, June 13, 2011

We finished!

 Before our run... it's still early in the morning. I'm not sure how awake I was then. :)

 Well, I'm still alive even though it took me over a week to post after the race. :) I had post race syndrome cause I missed it so much... it was a very emotional time for me. Lots and lots of crying...... lol! ok, so totally lied there. =D I was extremely happy and relieved to be done with the race. Talk about a difficult race! I again thought I wasn't going to make it. I did about the same time as last year, maybe even a couple seconds slower, so I was a little bummed about that. I did feel really sick after the race. I think most of it was due to my heart rate staying too high and not coming down quick enough. After I started to feel a little better we got pictures and walked back to our hotel. lol, that was a long walk... at least for me anyway. My hip was sore and I was starting to feel stiff. I called myself the 80 y/o lady. :) It was a good weekend though, and I loved just spending time with my mom, sisters, and nieces. :)
 

 
 Over 7600 people were running that day... that's a lot!

 Getting ready to cross the line! Talk about a total relief to see the finish line up ahead. :)

 And Hannah makes it too! The girls didn't see mom cross and so never got a picture of her.


 We did it and we're still able to smile! ;)

 Our medals!

 Walking back to the hotel... I can't believe Hannah was able to push the stroller with the girls. I was still feeling somewhat dead. :)

 
 Getting ready to leave the hotel! We look pretty good, wouldn't you say? ;)

There has been talk of a November race that we may do... but nothing's definite yet. No hills and cold. That's one incentive to do it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment