Friday, June 17, 2011

The crazies that happen.....

Ok, so people are weird... and there's one in the ER that's a little odd. I was walking through and he gets all excited and starts saying 2.46 over and over again. Oh, and he was doing it with his fingers too...which made him look even weirder. I probably looked at him with the blankest stare and kept asking, "what?" It took awhile but as I was walking away, I realized he was talking about a drunk. Like I really care, dude! ;) Ok, so I've met weirder people, but he is somewhat of an odd cookie. :)
I'm almost finished with my last few hours of the week and I'm watching baseball................ wow, seriously? Actually, I just looked up and realized it was on. I'm not really a huge fan of baseball. I find it rather boring... but I find golf boring too, so maybe it's just me. ;-) lol
I worked a 24 hour shift on Wednesday and had a fairly decent day. 2 calls, 3 patients, all transported. Not bad really... During the morning part of our shift one of the cops came over to our base and asked if we would do a standby for them sometime after 9 that night. They were going to make an arrest and there was a possibility somebody could get shot. We got to our staging area at 9:30 and proceeded to wait about an hour. Talk about the most boring thing ever. So, it's probably around 10:30 that this creepy looking guy walks in front of the ambulance. And I of course thought: "Man, I wouldn't want to be out walking on the dark streets with him around." So, I'm watching him (mostly because there really wasn't anything else to watch), and see him walk into the parking lot across the street from us. Then out of nowhere 6 or so cops come pulling in. I thought for sure the creepo was actually the bad guy, but turns out he was just an undercover cop. Which is still pretty cool. He had me totally fooled. :) Anyway, their all standing around talking not seeming to pay any attention. Then you watch as the totally calm scene turns chaotic. One guy goes running down the street (he could really run...I was impressed ;), while the rest of the cops jump in the cars and go screeching to a couple houses down where a car had just pulled out of a driveway. Two people were arrested from the vehicle and another one taken from the house. It seriously was the coolest thing ever! We never see anything when we're staging for a call like that and usually just get told over the radio that we can leave. I wish I could've videotaped it as it was awesome to watch these guys work. :) That was my excitement for Wednesday. Not every day is like that though, and today's shift has been a little boring.
Well, I'm tired, my relief should be here eventually, so... I'm going to get off. :) I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment