Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Your grumpy is with a big smile on your face."

The title says it all... Apparently, everyone at work thinks I'm never grumpy. Which is totally awesome in my opinion. :-) I've been asked quite a bit if I ever get angry or grumpy. Yes, unfortunately, there are times that I'm grumpy... It's rare that I get really angry though. I have never been grumpy at work and so that's why everyone thinks that I'm always happy. If you're gonna be a grump there really is no reason to go to work. I love my job and the people I work with and so I can't help being happy. :)
I can't remember how my partner and I got on the topic of being grumpy. I think I had jokingly said I was going to be grumpy because of what he said. That's when he replied with: "Your grumpy is with a big smile on your face." I can so live with that reputation. :)
God has given me so much in life that I can't help but smile and be happy. I'm glad that others are able to see that in me. :)

Today it has decided to snow on us... It has already accumulated some, but thankfully the roads are still clear. We're only supposed to get a couple inches so hopefully it won't be too bad this evening when everything freezes. Work hasn't been too terribly busy today, we've only done 3 calls total since 7 am. I'm kinda hoping for a good wreck... lol, my partner this morning said that if we had a bad wreck that I was going to have to climb in the vehicle and intubate the pt. You can't really pass up an opportunity like that!
I worked a wreck yesterday morning at 3:30 am. The vehicle had rolled several times and had finally come to rest in the ditch. We found out later that they vehicle had actually hit a semi (and totaled it), before rolling.There was actually a trail of stuff (including a toddler seat) that ran from the highway to where the vehicle ended up. I'm amazed the guy wasn't hurt worse. There was a scary moment in which the pt told us that other people had been with him. No one else was in the vehicle and we searched the entire area to make sure we hadn't missed someone. The pt kept changing his story and we never did get a clear answer whether the pt was alone or not. The pt was most likely not wearing a seat belt and that would explain why he ended up in the passenger seat. Anyway, it made for an interesting/freaky call.

Well, I was going to write more and post up some pictures, but I'm tired and going to try and take a nap instead. I'll try and post later...maybe. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe--I LOVE your smile, Hillary! Thanks for being so happy ALL the time..you make ME very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete