Monday, September 24, 2012

Hey, it's only been a week since my last post! I'm doing really good! I'm sure you're thinking the exact opposite.... ;) I think if I shoot for posting once a week, I may actually get it done. We'll see anyway.

This last week has been pretty good. I only worked 40 hours (woohoo!) and only had one test in class. :) My classes are going well, but I still have to force myself to study (I really hate that part about school;-) and try not bake every time I don't feel like studying. That's a terrible thing to do, but it's way more fun! I did it last night. I really should've been studying, but instead I decided to make granola, oatmeal raisin cookies, and banana muffins. Yeah, I don't just make one thing, I have to go all out! But, I did good and got rid of most of it instead of eating all that yumminess (is that even a word, or did I just spell it wrong?) myself. So, I got absolutely no studying done, which was what I was aiming for. Am I terrible or what?! It's amazing I even got through high school! Nathan and I did way too much talking and not of enough school done. Haha, normally school days, all the kids and mom were downstairs and Nate and I had the upstairs.....which meant I went into Nathan's room and distracted him from studying (I guess I was the real problem....not him). We would spend the entire hour or two that we had for math, and spend it talking. :) Such terribly good times! During the times that we were supposed to be doing typing, we learned Morse code instead. Then we were able to write each other letters and no one else could read them. It was fun, except that I don't remember any of it now. :) Ah, I love memories of younger days and home with the family. And I totally went off subject there, but I don't even care :)

Work has been rough/good. Last week, every shift seemed to be busy and most of the calls weren't critical. I know, I should be grateful for that. :) I used to love working Saturday's, but now I'm beginning to hate them. I work almost every Saturday and we have had a bad night each time. I was thinking this last weekend would be pretty good since we didn't have an MU home game, but no, we still were busy (almost) all night long. Makes for a rough Sunday since I normally have to choose after I get off work at 7, whether I'm going to sleep an hour before going to church, or if I'm going to stay up the whole time and try and make it till afternoon. Last Sunday, I ended up coming home and sleeping for six hours straight.... this week, I didn't feel as terrible, so I stayed up and made it till afternoon. I'm working a 24 again today and so far we've gone almost 17 hours with only 3 calls! I think that's a record for this truck. Made me worry a little bit that all of a sudden we were going to get slammed with a million calls.....really hoping that doesn't happen though, so I can get some sleep before class tomorrow. :) I've been averaging 5 hours or less of sleep for the past couple days and it's kinda wearing me out.....it's probably the reason why I'm starting to feel sick too. Yuck.

With that being said, it's almost midnight so I should hit the sack. :) Here's a song though that I've been listening to all evening and think is pretty awesome.....mostly because the guys sing it so well. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2uduKMe5ps&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment