Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Workness...

It's late, I'm tired and working, and I should be sleeping... but, I'm not. So, the last couple days have been a little more than slightly crazy and I'm incredibly happy that I will be going home tomorrow. :-) This is my third night working and I haven't gotten the best of sleep.
Monday morning around 4:30 we got a cardiac arrest and I definitely got an adrenaline boost from that. Most of you have probably seen the back of an ambulance, not a huge place. So, imagine 3 guys and a girl in the back all doing different things and working up a sweat. Yeah, it got really hot back there....I was so glad to go home for a shower. I figure I kinda got my workout for that day. :) Try doing chest compressions for 10 minutes... it'll wear you out. Especially if the guy is over 300 lbs...
 So, the following are things that have happened during my night shifts... You're sleeping and the dreaded tones go off, you: Forget what truck you're working on and jump in the wrong one. Walk towards the supply room instead of heading to the garage. Stand in the doorway, looking all disheveled and sleepy, and ask your partner the stupid question, "Did we get a call?" Pager goes off, *beep beep*, and you turn it off and ignore it... until your partner comes in the door and ask if you're going on the call. You walk off without your glasses and then wonder why in the world you can't see anything. You dream you hear tones go off and get up and head to the truck... only to realize that the tones didn't go off.
And the list keeps getting longer every time I work a bunch of nights. :)

No, this is not my room... mine is much more messier. ;) This is where I sleep when I'm working M111. It's actually a bed, which is nice. The truck I'm working tonight doesn't have beds... more like uncomfortable cushions. But that's okay, at least it's not the hard ground. :)

My partner and I were driving home from a transport to Barnes and we were pretty fascinated by these clouds... obviously, cause I took pictures. ;) These are known as "Lenticular" and normally only form in high altitude areas. Some people have also mistaken them as UFO's. I think there pretty cool looking. :)
Oh, and notice all the traffic? Don't ask me why we always have to take transports to Barnes smack dab in the middle of rush hour traffic. It wasn't as bad as it has been before, but I still hate it. I merged onto the highway driving 10 mph... I hate that.
A little bit better picture of the Lenticular cloud. I'm not seeing a UFO here, but maybe you can. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment