Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm alive! ;-)

Wow, I haven't posted in forever!! Even Hannah beat me with a post! ;-) Sorry, Hannah... I just had to add that. :) I did really like your post though. I always do. :)

So, yeah... where in the world has time gone?! I didn't think I was very busy the last couple weeks but I guess I was. Work is going awesomely well. I'm still only part-time but the last couple months I've been working 40 or more hours. So, I'm pretty much full-time. :) I've not had any really awesome cool calls to talk about (I know you're all disappointed... ;-) ), we do seem to run on a lot of stupid people though. Seriously, these people call and there really is no reason for them to call an ambulance. But, we take care of them anyway because that's our job.
Yesterday I worked a 16 and it was an insane evening! We seriously ran our butts off. From 7 to 3 it wasn't so bad we did a couple routine transports and then one 911 call. Both were BLS so I took them... which I'm glad now cause my partner got slammed with the rest of our calls. At exactly 1459 yesterday we got call #1 that started our crazy evening. That one ended up as a dry run (no transport to hospital), the next was an accident which wasn't bad at all and so I took it. The rest of our calls which equaled 6 or 7 (we lost count after awhile) were all ALS. Which means that they needed the monitor on and an IV, etc. When I left last night around 10:30 my poor partner was down by 6 reports. I felt so bad.... talk about a hard time trying to remember what you did for each pt. I don't think we sat for 30 minutes in the last 7 hours. We finally made it back to our base and tried eating dinner. We actually succeeded only because the other crew took one of our calls for us as they hadn't been as busy as us.... and also our truck was in great need of restocking. My partner and I got along well though so it was enjoyable even if we did work like crazy. :) We were pulling out of Boone and my partner said: "Oh no..." I turned and looked at her and said: "Yeah, I know... Full moon." We both laughed pretty hard about that.... somehow we knew what the other person was thinking. :) Oh, and I guess I should explain.... A full moon usually means a very busy night.
So, yeah.... sometimes when we work, we do nothing at all. And other times... we don't have time to eat or write reports. But it still is way better than other jobs you could have. :)

So, what else going on in my life? Well, I'm still trying to keep up with running even though it's really hard. We never did find out what was wrong with my heart, but I'm trying to stay hopeful that it'll correct itself. I've been really wanting to run another 10K but I don't think I would be able to finish. So far, 4 or 5 miles have been my max... and that's pushing it. How sad is that?! I'm trying not to get too frustrated by it but it's hard when every time I run I take my heart rate and it's 180's and 190's. I think that's why I have no energy after a run and just feel like sleeping. :-/

Today is my off day and so I'm making cinnamon rolls. I'm really not a huge fan but everyone loves them at work and now I've been asked to make them for some guys working at the fire station.... well, one station that is. We have a lot of fire stations up here. I've also been asked to make dark chocolate milkshakes.... but we'll see if that happens. :-)

So, that's about it that's going on in my life. :) I'm still my crazy, random self and most of the time I'm driving everyone insane, but who cares, right? ;-)
OH, big news! I did eat alligator this week and it was pretty good. :) I was pretty proud of myself.... that's a big jump for me. =D

Well, I hope everyone else has an awesome day! I'm going to enjoy mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hillary! :P I am pretty bad about posting though, but I actually started another one yesterday so hopefully it'll get posted today! No guarantees though! ;) Hope you have fun making cinnamon rolls...to bad I'm not there to keep you company and go out for coffee afterward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I so wish you were here to go out for coffee! :) I was just thinking though, if you did live here we would be getting coffee ALL the time. =D

    ReplyDelete